Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memory: Our journey to the fasted lifestyle, pt. 13

A couple of weeks ago at the teacher's meeting at church, our pastor talked about a sermon he saw on the internet about what it takes to have revival in your community.  In it the teacher talked about having the memory of a miracle versus an imagination about one happening.

What would it be like if we all had memories of miraculous healings, people being raised from the dead, lives changed forever under an open heaven?  The thought makes me shudder with excitement.

The next Sunday, Mother's Day, pastor talked about and showed the clip of the video he had talked to us about a few days prior.  It was so powerful!  The small spark of excitement now was bursting in my heart longing to see these things through the filter of memory instead of imagination.

I can honestly say I never thought of myself as "healthy".  I told a friend recently, I don't know what a healthy day looks like.  A day free of pain, stomach issues, headaches, nagging tiredness.  I have a mountain of medical debt that we are chipping away at from when I was in college.  I was in the hospital or doctors office every week sometimes 2-3 times per week, for over 6 months.

We had an altar call for the moms.  Pastor asked us to ask the Lord for the memory instead of the imagination of what we were seeking Him for. I wept long and hard.  I want to know what it's like to be healthy.  I don't want to wonder what a healthy day looks like.  I cried out to the Lord to heal me.  I have been healed by the Lord before so I know what it's like to have a memory of a miraculous healing.  It is indescribable!  But I want the fullness.  You can read some portions of the story HERE, HERE and HERE.

I know the Lord did not set me hear to be in pain, He set me here to have life and life abundant.  I have memories, but I want more.  I want to see lives radically altered.  I want to see demons flee.  I want to feel the presence of the Lord fall on a city and see it transform EVERYTHING!  I want these things ingrained in my mind and not a wistful imagining of someday.

What are longing to see become a memory?


No comments:

Post a Comment