Saturday, February 13, 2010

Not the end of the story, pt. 2

So I had my surgery. I have been super busy and have wanted to share this story in its entirety. I wanted to have all the facts and figures before I shared. This will be a long post, so bear with me.

I will start at the beginning:

I was a "sick person" since I was a child. I got sick very easy. I have had stomach issues for as long as I can remember. I found out a year ago that it was due to my scoliosis. Scoliosis is an unnatural curvature of the spine that basically pinches off nerves and kills them. When the nerves cannot communicate with the rest of the body those areas tend to become weak, ill, or completely die. I have been going to a wellness chiropractor for help with basically jump starting my body. A wellness chiropractor focuses on treating the main reason why you are sick which is your body not being able to function properly due to subluxations in the spine and neck.

Fast forward to Tuesday Feb. 2,

The day before I was to go into my surgery, a woman at my church emailed me and asked if I could come into church that evening so they could pray for me. I agreed wholeheartedly. I love to be prayed for before something major happens. Well to put it lightly something major did happen!

I got there and three women started praying for me. They began praying for healing and restoration. For the surgeons to be blessed. Then one of the women said "I pray for Alex's body to be lined up with the word of God and that her nervous system is able to function properly." I stopped them and said I have scoliosis.

So they began to focus on my back. They laid hands on my spine and prayed. I felt a shifting taking place. I felt muscles begin to pull. It burned and it was painful. I told them and they had me stand up. One woman told me she heard the Lord saying that He wanted to put me to sleep like Adam when He took his rib to make Eve. So she prayed that over me and my back went numb. It was as if the Lord had given me a local anesthetic. I was trembling and they sat me back down. The Lord gave me a vision of a rose, but I didn't mention it at that moment to the others.

They prayed for the spirit of death to be broken off of me and I felt something leave my torso. It was very surreal. They then walked me into the santuary where the Tuesday night Intercessory Worship team was playing so I could soak in the Word. I laid on some chairs at the back while I felt my back shifting and lengthening. I opened my eyes at one point and looked up and I saw an angel standing over me. He was looking into my eyes. It was a split second and then I could not see him anymore, even though I knew he was still there. I felt so peaceful.

They continued to pray over me as I sat, laid, or stood while the Lord adjusted my back. At one point it felt like my neck was in traction at the chiropractors office. I could not move it while the Lord was working on my healing. Close to the end, I felt a burning in the cyst on my right ovary. It felt like fire.

After two hours of prayer and healing I was able to walk around freely. I felt GREAT! I have never felt that good in my whole life. I had always had pain walking and standing because of my back. I did not have pain from the cyst pressing on organs. It was awesome!

I was able to tell a few people what had happened and I was in hopeful anticipation of the next day! I asked the women that prayed for me, what the vision of the rose meant and they said it is life. The Lord was giving me life.

Feb 3 (It's no coincidence that this happened on my husbands and my two year "re-birth" day. We were saved two years ago on Feb. 3, 2008.)
I went in for my surgery and I asked if they could do an ultrasound before cutting me open and they said no. My mother asked why I wanted one and I said that the Lord had healed me and I didn't think they needed to do a cystectomy. My mother, how I love her, did not believe me.

So they went in anyway. When I woke up and my husband said, "Hey guess what? The cyst shriveled up, collapsed on itself and was basically empty!" I just laughed. THE LORD IS GOOD! A week later at my post op appointment, even my doctor was amazed. She said that cysts don't do that. That it takes a long time for them to go away on their own. Woooohoooo! Praise the Lord!

As for my back, I went in for my 1 year x-rays at my chiropractor. I wanted the results right away. I looked at them and although my back was not completely straight, it was significantly straighter. I will tell you right now, that it was not the result of the chiropractic adjustments because I had only gone to get adjustments 4 or 5 times since my last x-rays two months ago. It was all the LORD!

My chiropractor, who is an awesome man of God was even amazed. He said I basically had two years worth of adjustments since my last x-rays. My neck is strong and the muscles are being restored. My posture is greatly improved. My husband measured me and I am a whole inch taller. I went from 5'3" to 5'4"! And boy what a difference an inch makes!

So for anyone who says, the Lord does not work in miracles, I am here to say YES HE DOES! I have copies of my x-rays and pictures of my empty cyst as proof. I am so humbled and honored that the Lord chose me for this testimony. That He trusts me enough to give me something that will encourage many.

So when I said in my last post that there was more the Lord wanted to teach me through my miscarriage, this is it! He had to prepare my heart to recieve this amazing blessing and testimony to share with others. Freely I recieve and freely I give.

I'm standing on the promise that my spine will be straight, that I will walk in 100% health very soon. I walk in freedom from the spirit of death and of fear. I am so blessed!

Is there something you need healing for? Health issues, heart break, loss? Please feel free to comment. I want to pray in agreement with you.

There is more to share that I will share over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. This is just AMAZING! What an AWESOME GOD we serve!! He is in the business of doing miracles! He is our Healer!! I am PRAISING God for your testimony!!!

    ReplyDelete