Saturday, May 26, 2012

Kindred Spirit: My best friend's bridal shower

Do you have a best friend in the entire world?  One that has been with you through thick and thin?  One that is both your longest and closest friend?  Well I have one and she just happens to be my cousin.  I was 6 almost 7 when she was born and we have been best friends ever since.  BFF's from the womb, lol.



































The theme of the shower was "Sew in Love" and was based on the paraphrased anecdote about love being like a piece of fabric.  "A wise pastor once said at a wedding that a marriage is like a piece of fabric.  A plain piece of fabric is prone to unraveling at the edges, just like any marriage.  What holds a piece of fabric together is the “little stitches” that hem the edges.  The “little stitches” are the little ways you love each other that prevents your marriage from unraveling.  Always remember to love one another in the small, everyday moments that seem so insignificant at the time because when you look back in 50 years you will see that those little ways and moments hemmed your marriage and held your hearts together."  I heard this at a wedding a few years ago and just thought about how true a statement that is.  

It's very hard to put into words how much I love this girl!  Or how happy I am for her.  Literally, I'm usually really good at expressing myself via the written word, but words fail me.  I'm so privileged to be her matron of honor and I wish her nothing but joy in her life and marriage.  Love you Jennifer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment