Saturday, September 25, 2010

Life Update

So I am 25 weeks now and I'm starting to have a small bout of nesting. I'm trying to get things done around the house. It is small short bursts of work, but it's something. Right?

So far we have had a ceiling panel replaced from when our ceiling leaked a few months ago. Our AC unit was working overtime in this Texas heat and started to sweat so much it caused our living room ceiling to buckle and dip and become discolored. Our wonderful friends from Forerunner Home Improvement came out and took care of us. We painted the ceiling after it was all said and done and our living room, breakfast room, and kitchen have never looked better. Who knew just a coat of paint on the ceiling would do so much?

A sweet friend of ours came out and painted Zoe's room for us. Trim and doors still need to be done. My husband and I are working on painting the changing table right now too. Things are slowly coming together.

I started a new project. My husband and I take out allowance each week to save money. We haven't done it in a while, but we started it back up recently to help pinch the pennies. So I am spending my allowance on new interior doors for the house. I'm tired of the 70's doors that are beat up and flat. I love the beveled doors so I went out and purchased the first one today. It will go in the foyer of our home. So exciting! I guess you know your an adult when you get excited over home improvement projects and new appliances, lol.

The only draw back to this project is the fact that I have to get the workers at Lowe's to load up the door and all that jazz. But when I get home, I have to figure out a way to get it in doors. It is slightly over my weight lifting limit for a 25 week pregnant lady. The hubster has been working a lot so I guess it will have to stay in the car until he gets out of work.

Another thing we are saving up for which needs to happen somewhat soon is taking care of the hubster's car. It has been acting shady for a while now and we really need to get it looked at. We should be able to take it in soon. Praise the Lord for that!

Some of these projects we want done before November 6th because it is my baby shower and we are having it at my house. One project that has been on our radar, but probably won't happen until mid November early December: Replacing our back fence that fell over on our gas line last March. It will happen. I know it will, we just have to get a few other things out of the way first.

Other than the chaos of preparing our house and life for a baby, things are just exciting. We can't wait to see things progress over the next few months. We are so blessed to have the things we do and to be able to prepare for the things we will. God is so good to us!

Another thing on my personal wishlist, that I have pined for for over a year: A Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR Kit with EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens (15.1 MP). Yes I'm that specific. This of course is not a necessity, but man I have had my eye on that camera for a long time. I guess the longer you wait for something the more satisfying it is when you actually get it. Kind of like a baby... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment