Saturday, April 28, 2012

Week 4 pt 2: Our journey to the fasted lifestyle, pt. 7

Still struggling with the whole wasting of time thing.  Looks like I need way more discipline.  This is going to be a tougher battle than I thought.  Been listening to Bible on DVD more, but could be more.

We have however been walking together more and going to the park.  Which is great! Quality time with our girl who needs the outside way more than we do.  I think of how robbed she is by us not playing with her because her parents are overweight and tired.

On Thursday, I go to our women's group at church and there was quite a treat for me waiting there.  I will not share everything because that is not my story to tell.  Two amazing women of God came to speak to us about the 39 women that walked from Houston to Dallas for the overturning of Roe v Wade.  Leah walked and also trained the girls.  Her mother was her personal intercessor.  She shared amazing testimony of what the Lord did in that 3 weeks that they walked.  We were all weeping!

If she would have shared just the testimony it would have been enough to encourage my heart.  But the Lord had other plans. He gave us a bonus that day.  These two powerful women prayed for us and spoke prophetic words over us.  When they got to me, they spoke that I have the Bridal spirit.

Little back story.  For the past two years I have been praying to know what that level of intimacy looks like with the Lord.  I have been fascinated with John the Beloved Disciple.  That I would be the best friend of the Lord and be able to hear His heartbeat.  Jesus viewed John as His best friend and confidant.  I long to be that close to the Lord that He can be personal with me.  I'm also stricken with how John was the only disciple that stayed with Jesus when He was crucified.  He stayed with Him to the end.  That is my hearts cry.  That I would stay with Him to the end even if it's hard to bear or watch.  So you can imagine what hearing this meant to me. Lots of tears for sure.

Then the mother (I'm so sorry that I do not know her name), whispered to me "are you a singer?" I almost laughed cause NO I am not a singer.  Can't carry a tune in a bucket.  Then she said "are you a writer?" Yes.  "Are you writing?" No.  She said that I needed to be because there is an incredible flow between me and the Lord that would encourage a lot of people.  She also said that it comes out in journaling, but I needed to share. Thank You for confirmation Lord!

So here we are two days away from week 5.  We are praying for our next step in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment