Saturday, April 28, 2012

Week 4: Our journey to the fasted lifestyle, pt. 6

We made it! A whole month!  No restaurants or fast food.

I have been stretched in new ways, both spiritually and physically.  I have come up with some inventive and yummy (and some not so yummy :-/ ) meals.  I'm usually one to follow a recipe, but sometimes I was pressed for time to come up with something healthy and quick.

Spiritually, I have rejoiced, questioned, and had to resubmit to the Lord's will for our lives.  I know that this is going to be our lives from now on.

Hubby and I pray and discuss what our next step is.  We are continuing on the no restaurants/fast food.  We will be treating restaurant meals the way we need to, special occasion only.  And I mean super special!  Most likely anniversary and that's it.

So far I have only shared with our close circle of friends this journey.  Literally 4 people know the story and that's it.  I wrestle with sharing with more people, but I don't want to come across as bragging or boasting our own successes.  I want to highlight and raise my voice about the Lord's accomplishments in our lives.  I feel like the Lord wants me to share, but am not comfortable with it.  More on that next week. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment