Friday, April 27, 2012

Week 1: Our journey to the fasted lifestyle, pt. 2

Our whole purpose in this journey is that it's God centered, breathed and lead.  We don't want to get out of His grace and guidance at all.  Also I do want to preface these posts as well that they are from my point of view and not my husbands.  I know the Lord has done great things for/through him over the past few weeks, but I will only share what he has told me.  I may ask him to do a post of two about his journey with the Lord.  He has been in total agreement with this whole thing as it's the Lord not him or I leading the charge.

The first week isn't so hard.  It is a time adjustment. Cooking three meals a day and snacks is challenging when you go from hardly any to all.  We technically aren't cold turkey people, but I do believe that this is the only part of the journey that has been similar to cold turkey.  The Lord had such amazing grace for us when we started.

The hubby and I discussed some changes that would be made.  No out to eat at all of course.  No snacks at gas stations on the debit card also.  We decided to give ourselves an allowance.  It helps immensely, especially since hubby works non-typical hours and he needs an occasional caffeinated beverage or vending machine pick me up in the middle of his shift.

We decide to not buy anything at all without the other's knowledge.  Groceries, business supplies, etc.  We are on lock down. Necessities only until further notice.

We actually come up with a budget and start sticking to it.  Hubby begins working more overtime to help bail us out of the hole we have created for ourselves.  After vowing never to use our Best Buy card again, we break down and do because we still need an computer.  Getting back into another avenue debt with a credit card stung like none other.  We add it to the pile of debt at home and vow to whittle it all down with the money we save from not eating out.

We pray for strength, perseverance, and deliverance from temptation.  The temptation is pretty strong at first, but starts to subside as the week progresses.

We make it in one piece.  I didn't pull my hair out and we are all safe and sound.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment