Friday, May 13, 2011

Adventures in Eating: Easy Organic Chicken Noodle Soup

Hello all, I'm cooking dinner and thought I would share one of my favorite quick recipes (well quick to assemble that is).

Easy Organic Chicken Noodle Soup (for 2)
1 Lrg. Container Organic Chicken Broth
2 Cubed Natural Chicken Breasts
1/2 lb Organic Baby Carrots (whole or diced)
3 Stalks Organic Celery (diced)
Enough Organic Wheat Pasta for Two (not sure how to measure that yet, we seem to always have a ton, lol)
3-4 cups of water (most of this will evaporate and you will need plenty of liquid for the noodles)
Salt and Pepper to taste (I like to use garlic salt because I love me some garlic! YUM!)

Basically throw all the ingredients minus the pasta in a pot on medium high heat on the stove and let cook for 40 minutes. You will cook for about an hour total. When the 40 minutes are up, reduce heat to medium and put in the noodles and cook another 20 minutes. Each noodle is different. Egg noodles take about 10 minutes. Regular noodles take 15 minutes. Wheat noodles take a bit longer from 15-20 minutes.

Then ladle and serve. Goes great with French bread!

Hubster gave it 4 out of 5 stars. He said it was a little salty (which I love). Need to try to reel it in on the garlic salt... =\ But overall it is a favorite in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment