Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week 13: Our journey to the fasted lifestyle, pt. 23

So yeah, this week was not much better.  =(  I have learned though that in our "busiest" months, we need to plan, plan, plan.  I feel brokenhearted, but I know I will get back on track.

Tomorrow starts a new chapter in the journey.  That means diving back in and going deeper than before.  We are going to purpose to eat right and not spend anymore.

As of now, we have gone off the deep end with eating out and need to get back to the beginning.  We are resubmitting to the Lord's will for our lives.  The comfort I have is knowing He is moved by our repentance.  He is so faithful even in our disobedience.

To date we have paid off around $2,500 worth of debt.  We have the two credit cards and the two items of debt on my credit report to pay.  Of course there are the student loans, but those are going to be around for awhile and we have peace about that at the moment.

This has been a hard fought battle in our lives and we are ready to defeat this once and for all.

This quote spoke to me this evening:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." Teddy Roosevelt


I feel like we have been in the arena the past few months and have been slugging it out.  There has been tons of grace and freedom from temptation which we are so thankful for, but the past 3 weeks have been so tough.  I feel like we were knocked down and we kept trying to stumble back up, but would be knocked down by the slightest breeze.  

I'm tired of being satan's punching bag!  He only has the power that we allow him to have.  Which by our disobedience, he was having a field day.  If there is no ground for him to stand on, then he has no right to our lives.  We need to get back in the game, reclaim our ground and stand it.

At VBS, the theme this year was Daniel's courage in Babylon.  Daniel had the courage to stand firm for the Lord.  I want to have that same stance.  I don't want to soften my stance at the first sign of stress.  Our chant this year was "S-T-A-N-D, I will stand won't bend my knee".  I'm done bowing to food and money.  It's time to stand up and move on from this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment