Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 9: Our journey to the fasted lifestyle, pt. 16

We made it through 9 weeks.  I can't believe it either!  

Yet another hard week.  Harder than the previous week.  Mostly because there was a lot of turmoil and warfare this week.  A couple of extended family members were in the hospital this week.  Lots of intercession and calling and checking and not sure if we need to go visit right now...  It was crazy.  Great report at the end of the week though because both people are doing really well!  Praise the Lord!

I have learned this week that cooking for your family (just like any other "chore") is a sacrifice.  Do I like cleaning? No.  Do I like a clean house? Yes.  So when I put away my selfish attitude of "why can't you do it" or "I just don't want to" and put on a joyful countenance, I'm dying to my flesh and that is pleasing to the Lord.  He delights in sacrifice no matter what the circumstance, be it monetary, physical, emotional, attitude, or time.  

So I'm learning a lot about sacrifice this week as I move into this new arena (see previous post) and how it requires submission.  

Overall update- 9 weeks (starting week 10 tomorrow).  Out to eat meals:  4 (1 bridal shower, 2 mother's day outings, and 1 visit with family this week after a hospital visit).  Meals cooked or prepared at home: 185 (not including snacks).  

There are a few more testimonies I can't wait to share, but it's not time yet.  I can't wait!  Have a blessed week everyone!
This kid is so cute!  This was a month or so ago and she already looks different.  How is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment