Friday, June 10, 2011

Adventures in Eating: Crepe Practice

The image above is not mine in the slightest. It was from Google Image Search. You will understand why in a minute.

I attempted making crepes for the first time today. They were super tasty, but a little thick. And slightly off in shape (more like they were oblong rather than circular). And they didn't fold very neatly when off the griddle... But did I mention they were super tasty. =\

I got a quick easy recipe off allrecipes.com and slathered them in Nutella and blueberries. YUM! Nutella makes alot of things better, especially the fact that I did not have beautiful crepes like you would have in a restaurant. Oh well, practice makes perfect.

Our new Christmas tradition starting this year will be Christmas Crepes... So that means I have a whole 6 months to practice.

On another note, some other things we have coming up this next week... VBS at church. So much fun! At the end of that we will be heading to Lake Whitney to one part of my side of the family's reunion. It's every year during Father's Day weekend. I'm so looking forward to it! It's been a few years since I attended. The hubster has never met this side of the family either and we will have our Zoe with us too. I will take pics of the ridiculous amount of food there is every year and of the dishes I make and share them!

Other updates: Our storage room is coming along nicely, hope to finish and have pics up by the end of the week. Zoe is up to 3 meals a day. We are going to start her on sweet potato this week so expect pictures of that as well. Currently Zoe and I are sick with a summer cold (Zoe's first ever illness) =(.

Man that's a lot of randomness for one post, but that's what happens when you have to catch everyone up on a few weeks worth of stuff. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment