Sunday, November 4, 2012

Meditation

I made it a week!  I can't believe it.  There were many, many, MANY times I thought I would cave and give in.  The only way to make it through to deliverance of a stronghold (especially one that's left, regrouped, and returned) is submission to God.  Continual submission.  I can't do this in my own strength at all.

This week made me realize how weak and vulnerable I am and have become over the past few months.  I have come to the revelation that I have allowed myself to meditate on 1.) what other's thought of me and 2.) my negative thoughts of myself.  I could link to every post I have ever written about emotional eating and my own struggle with poor self esteem, but you would be reading for hours.  

I had gained a measure of freedom in the realm of fear of rejection/praise of man, but I didn't know how deep it went until I went a little deeper with the Lord.  Oh my, the root is deep and the anxiety it produced was paralyzing.  I couldn't go anywhere without meditating on and tearing apart each conversation/awkward look I got from every person I encountered.  

It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I really saw the need for deliverance.  I am still in that place of anxious mediation and I'm seeking the Lord for freedom.  I need to replace improper meditation with meditating on what the Lord thinks, feels, and says.  Prayers are appreciated for sure if you are lead to pray.

We have a long way to go and I don't think it's a coincidence that we reentered this lifestyle change right before the holidays.  I feel that the Lord will guide each and every step of the journey back to the fasted lifestyle.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment