Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Image from Google Images

Thanksgiving is such a special holiday to me. Not only does it remind me to always posture my heart in an attitude of gratitude to our Lord who is the giver of all good gifts, it also connects me to my ancestry.

The first ancestors that came to the new world in our family were on the original Mayflower voyage. John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley Howland met on the ship and married shortly after settling in Plymouth.

I love what this holiday represents. It is one of the only holidays that remain untainted. Although Black Friday is sure trying to creep in with corporate greed. I love that there is no need to give a gift of extravagance, go out of your way to please people, etc. I love the simple fact that you come together and give thanks to the Lord who has provided a bountiful harvest all year long.

So everyone count your harvest blessings today and always. What has the Lord sewn into your life this past year? What have you sown into other's? I pray that we all can come together with a thankful heart today.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment