1. Seek God's Presence in My Life and My Family's Life - I want to know God more and more each day. This should be my first priority everyday.
1. a. Read my Bible more - This will help me cultivate the qualities and traits I desperately want to exhibit.
1. b. Spend more time in the prayer room - I need to talk directly to God about my circumstances and circumstances I'm being led to pray for.
2. Be a Better Help Meet - My husband is such a blessing and I need to make more time for him. There are so many things that try to take my focus off what matters most and I need to weed out those things and focus on what is truly important.
3. Treat my Body Like a Temple and not a Tavern - God gave me this body and I need to quit abusing it with horrible food, too much sugar, too much caffiene, not enough nutrients, and not enough water. This is a gift and I should treat it as one.
4. Forgive More - I need to feel less offense and more forgiveness. Lord help me live that out!
5. Give More - I need to give more of my time and self to great causes.
6. JOY - Jesus, Others, Yourself. I need to live in this order everyday!
7. Love More - Lord give me your eyes to see and your heart to love. It's so hard to love EVERYONE you come across, but nothing is impossible if you have God on your side.
8. Complain Less - I mean A LOT less. I am trying to be more positive because complaining steals our joy.
9. Seek Wisdom and Truth - See 1.a. "I am the way, the truth, and the life."
10. Worry Less - I worry way too much. "Be anxious for nothing."
These are my top ten. Of course the list could go on and on. Some of the more minor resolutions, but resolutions none the less: keep a cleaner house, cook more, make sure my car is cleaner, watch TV less, write more, etc...
Hope this encourages you to make your own resolutions and keep them throughout 2009.
Thanks for reading and I wish you many blessings in 2009!