Saturday, August 18, 2012

Almost there, weeks 19 & 20: Our journey to the fasted lifestyle, pt. 28

We are almost back on track fully.  We ate out only once this past week and it was truly due to extenuating circumstances.  We had a gas leak in the house and we snacked, but couldn't get into the fridge or cook until after the gas guy left.  Well by that time we were on our way to church and absolutely had to eat something.  That was our one and only time to eat out this week.

It makes me so happy to even type that!  The previous week was very hard and we had to have some serious discussions about our discipline and obedience.  Our finances are extremely tight yet again due to eating our money.  It has been for the past two and a half months since falling off the wagon.

We talked about how when a demon is kicked out we have to be on guard to not let it and seven of it's friends back in.  We were discussing how this time was so much harder and it's because we let our guard down.  Are we gonna let satan get the best of us?  No!  So we have to pick ourselves back up and do it and not just talk about it.

Last week's message at church, our pastor talked about doing our part.  I can pray to be healthy and fit all day, but am I doing my part.  No, I haven't been.  I've been eating junk but expecting a miracle to change my situation.  How can He give me such a great blessing if I'm just going to throw it away?

So that's the main theme of the past two weeks, doing our part.  The Lord will do His.  Here we go!  Thanks Lord for getting us back on track!

Zoe at a park feeding the ducks.  She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment