Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Adventures in Eating: Wow!

So it's been since August since I posted last. That's pretty sad. I have been so busy focusing on my two other blogs, my business, and my daughter, plus a myriad of other things. I'm hoping to heavily focus on this blog for the next few weeks.

I should have the time since I had to cancel everything and am on house arrest. You see, I have shingles. Which are very painful. It feels like someone poured acid in my veins/muscles.

Shingles can give kids chickenpox that have not been vaccinated or had the chickenpox before. I teach the kiddos at church and I don't want to spread it. Since I will be at home for awhile, I can take more pictures, clean and cook more, focus on what really matters. I can be the help meet I'm created to be and the mommy I have wanted to be.

We have had some major disruptions in the past month and a half. Lots of things have been coming at us on top of busyness. I was getting ready for a craft fair last Friday and I was feeling sick (shingles were starting) and the Lord stopped me and said, "What do I have to do to get your attention?" I honestly and shamefully replied "I don't know". Well within 24 hours I had a small rash on the back of my neck and my arm would not work properly. I thought I had been bitten by a spider cause the bumps were so small.

So yeah, the Lord has my attention. I can't go on the way I have. I have lost a lot of things in the month of September because I was too focused on so many other things. I feel so worn down. I can only blame myself. I had too many things in my hands that I couldn't hold any of the blessings God had for me.

I will continue writing on my blogs, but my focus will be different. I won't sacrifice family time for the internet, my business, or obligations that I have made that are not healthy. My daughter is now 9.5 months old and before I know it she will be 1 and I would have missed it. I don't want to miss anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment