Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Aint no party....

Like a TEA Party!  It was awesome I must say.  

I originally went to support our station KAFR 88.3 FM (heard in the North Houston area) because we are active in these issues.  (Nice plug huh!)    I do believe in what the TEA Party stands for, but was not ready for the impact it had on our community and nation.  

Final count when we left the Party, we asked how many people registered when they came in and it was 7,500!  And to think of the people that didn't register that just showed up and bypassed the tables altogether.  Sadly I was one of those people because I got there late and was frantically looking for our table.  

I do think we have been Taxed Enough Already.  I do believe that conservative opinions and media have been given a bum rap.  When did the word conservative become a four letter word?  Apparently we are considered "extremists".  How extreme is it to think that we should have fair taxes?  How extreme is it to believe that you are paid a fair wage for an honest days work instead of waiting for a government handout?  It seems like common sense to me and 7,500+ people in my area.  

I want my future children to grow up with a higher standard of living.  I fear the legacy being passed down to them will lower the bar.  Our government has been horribly flawed for years, but this new administration has spent more money in the first few months than other administrations did in 4 years. 

Our nation started out blessed and has gone away from the Bible's teachings over the years.  We have become a secular nation and for that I am sad.  Our nation needs to get back to the basics.  That we are governed both corporately and individually by an absolute Truth.  

I pray daily for our nation.  I pray for repentance and for our hearts to turn to Him.  

One sign that a young girl was carrying around that really hit home said  "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."  Those prophetic words were spoken by Thomas Jefferson.   This is the same man that penned the Bill of Rights and Constitution.  He knew full well what a good government should be.  Something else he said that is especially true is "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. "

I encourage you to get involved with a stance, any stance.  I would prefer you choose my side (but then debate would never exist).  Because "if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."

I will leave you with one last Jefferson quote that spurs me more than ever to seek the Truth in all things political, spiritual, economic, etc.  "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."  

No comments:

Post a Comment